March 3, 2023 at 5:13 pmlzfneuSubscriber
There is an external file contains heat generation rate of four columns discrete data and they are in cylindrical coordiation system. The four columns are r,phi,z and heat generation rate(unit is W/cm^3). I use external data model of ansys workbench to import the data and the reaction probe shows there is 1785W power after importing. However, the data are 10kW in reality.
My question is if the result is right to just scale 5.6 times in Imported Heat Generation form to adjust the power equal to 10kW to perform steady temperature calculation.
If it is not right to do so, do I need to insert apdl commands to import the heat generation rate in the corresponding node coordination, and could you please instruct me where to insert apdl commands to import the data,moreover, how to write the apdl code to achieve the goal.
Thank you very much.
March 7, 2023 at 1:32 pmRahul KumbharAnsys Employee
Can you check the output 'Imported Data Summary' under the imported heat generation. It may be that 100% mapping is not done.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Colors and Mesh Display
- User manual
- material damping and modal analysis
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.