Photonics

Photonics

Question about using INTERCONNECT stimulate the ring resonator

• Shelley
      Subscriber

I used INTERCONNECT to stimulate single bus ring

• Guanhui Wang
      Ansys Employee
      HiShelley ,nFor this case of transmission, please make sure you use the peak at maximum to be false so that it measures the peak at the minimum transmission instead of maximum transmission. In this case the transmission at the maximum is pretty flat so it is hard to decide where is the peak. Please give it a try and let me know.n
    • Shelley
      Subscriber
      nHi GWANG,nThank you! I have solved this question in this transmission by your method.n But when I change a parameter to get a new transmission, I meet a new problem.nThere is a warning that Insufficient number of peaks detected to calculate free spectral range.nThe FSR is 0:nnquality factor is a point :nnI decrease the pit excursion from 7 to 3nThe problem still exists.nCan you tell me how to solve this problem?n
    • Shelley
      Subscriber
      In addition, when I change the peak at maximum from false to true, the warning is vanishes. nBut According the transmission, the FSR may be right and the quality factor is wrong.ntransmission :nFSR:nquality factor :nn
    • Guanhui Wang
      Ansys Employee
      HiShelley,I believe this is because the peaks are below the threshold to be detected. You may want to play around with the peak threshold and peak excursion values to make this work. The definition for the parameters are in this page:https://support.lumerical.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036617973.n
    • Shelley
      Subscriber
      Hi GWANG,nI have solved this question by your advice. Thank you!n
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.