September 12, 2023 at 4:43 pmbv169Subscriber
The velocity output from a model run in Fluent is constant at 0.1 m/s at all depths (initialized as so). After running, the velocity flow did not change, as it was expected to since it is affected by the B-field as there is an interplay between the two. The originally constant flow will be forced into the function shown below, but instead it remained constant even after 500 time steps. I have the model running transient, LES, MHD with lorentz force and an applied magnetic field.
September 21, 2023 at 12:15 pmRMAnsys Employee
- Is this a steady state simulation? Could you please try running it in transient mode?
- Please check the MHD BC to see if they are set up correctly.
- Are the electrical properties for solid updated in material definition?
- Also confirm if the applied values of field through MAG data are correct and data is in correct format.
- Ensure that the conducting material is selected in MHD module
Please check and try these suggestions. Hope this helps!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.