August 28, 2019 at 9:24 amchandramouliSubscriber
How to apply or set Factor of safety to our problem.I dont want to find the Factor of safety, I want to apply it to a problem and get my analysis done.
August 28, 2019 at 10:30 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
Factor of safety is not an input, it is an output of the model.
You have to solve the model once, get the Factor of safety, then scale something in the model to achieve the desired Factor of safety.
August 28, 2019 at 10:36 amchandramouliSubscriber
Hello Peter ,
I already did a factor of safety analysis and got a value above 1 (and 1.5).
But I have been given a task to do a structural analysis considering a factor of safety of 1.5 .
What should I do in this case.
August 28, 2019 at 10:45 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
If your minimum factor of safety is above 1.5 you are done.
Exception is if you have to optimize the structure and you are required to reduce the mass of the structure until you get to exactly a factor of safety of 1.5, then you have more work to do.
August 28, 2019 at 11:31 amchandramouliSubscriber
Thank you Peteroznewman.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.