General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Questions related to reinforced concrete

• 19yuuki91
      Subscriber

Hi everybody

Once again I come for your help regarding some doubts with my FE models. Like I have previously mentioned, I am modeling a simple supported RC beam, as shown in the picture below.

• Erik Kostson
      Ansys Employee
      Hi

I would first try and do a known benchmark of flexural failure in beams (Buckhouse 1997), before doing anything else.

Analysis of RC Beams using Nonlinear Finite Element Techniques Analysis of Reinforced Concrete (RC) Beams Using Nonlinear Finite Element Techniques

try and obtain the same results so you get confident with the set up and methodology (it is possible to reproduce these results with your approach and Menetrey concrete model and reinforcement option ).

Good luck
      Erik
    • 19yuuki91
      Subscriber
      Hi Erik

Thank you for your answer, I would do so as you suggest. Just so I am sure, Buckhouse, E.R. ÔÇ£External Flexural Reinforcement of Existing Reinforced Concrete Beams Using Bolted Steel Channels,ÔÇØ MasterÔÇÖs Thesis, Marquette University, Milwaukee, Wisconsin In (1997), is this the correct reference of the paper you mention.

Best regards
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.