December 14, 2022 at 10:13 amgarazilizasoSubscriber
I have a quick question about optimising a model in Ansys. If I want to seek a target for a variable, the tolerance that appears in Ansys is in percentage?
That is what I mean. If my target is 0.067, the 5% of it would be around 0.0034. But should I directly put 0.05? Thank you so much
December 14, 2022 at 10:33 amErik KostsonAnsys Employee
Tolerance should have the same units as the target so it should be 0.0034 mm, and 0.004 mm (tolerance) – also they seem to be Target/20 in your case.
For more info and help see perhaps the help manual:
All the best
December 14, 2022 at 10:37 amgarazilizasoSubscriber
Okay! Yes, in my case I want an error of 5 %, so that's what I've calculated. Thanks!
- The topic ‘Quick doubt about optimisation’ is closed to new replies.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Defining rigid body and contact
- Colors and Mesh Display
- A solver pivot warning or error has been detected
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.