June 19, 2023 at 2:56 amcheng089413Subscriber
Just a quick question about material definition inWB
As shown below, I am wondering the poisson ratios input in WB are in terms of major poisson ratios or minor poisson ratios?
Or it strictly follows the order the how x,y and z is arranged. Assume x is the strongest material axis, then Poisson Ratio xy is major, and YZ is major one as well, XZ is also major. Is my understanding correct?
June 19, 2023 at 1:00 pmAshish KumarForum Moderator
Yes, the entries are major Poisson's ratio.
June 19, 2023 at 5:36 pmcheng089413Subscriber
Hello Ashish, appreciate you answered my second question in this post and thank you for your time!
I am still confused about the MP entries here. What if the z axis is the strongest material axis? If so, isn't it poisson ratio yz and xz minor ones?
Or say it can only assume in WB MP entries that x is the strongest and not allowed for other axes to be the strongest ones?
Thank you for your help!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- User manual
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Defining rigid body and contact
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.