Fluids

Fluids

Radiation heating of a pipe

• imselva
      Subscriber

Dear All,

I want to heat a pipe as shown in figure using 12 Radiation heaters.
      I am done with the modelling part but I am not able to give proper boundary conditions.

What should be the Temperature and the Radiation condition of the 12 heating Elements, if the pipe is in room temperature what should be the Radiation condition of the pipe (if applicable).

I want maximum heat Exchange from the heaters to the pipe, and I want to increase the pipe temperature say for example to 100 Degrees.

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

ANSYS staff cannot open attachments. Please use the Insert Image button, as I have done below, to put an image into any future post.

• imselva
      Subscriber

ANSYS staff cannot open attachments. Please use the Insert Image button, as I have done below, to put an image into any future post.

Thank you.
      I will use this Option for future posts

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

It depends. Are you modelling the tubes or do you just want to see their effect? If you're using Fluent have a look at the radiation models and wall boundary conditions. 

• imselva
      Subscriber
      I am modelling the tube (center tube of length 95mm) and I want to heat it using the 12 radiating heat source (19mm dia and 120mm length each).

I want to see the effects of the radiation source on the tube. I will go through the radiation models on Ansys fluent and I will update here.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.