June 8, 2020 at 2:22 ambervyngohSubscriber
I am currently in the midst of studying the interior air-flow and temperature profile of a train using ANSYS Fluent and while I have the boundary conditions for the fluid flow:
1. velocity-inlets: for cold air
2. pressure-outlets: for open doors
3. mass-flow-outlets: for return air,
I am not sure which radiation model to use in order to have a better temperature analysis. I would like to model the heat load from solar radiation, heat generated from equipment in the the cabin/passengers as well as the ambient air temperature outside of the train.
How can I include these effects into my calculation to make my model more realistic? I have the following values with units in brackets:
Outside temperature/humidity (degrees Celcius)
passenger sensible heat load/latent head load (Watts/Passenger)
transfer heat load through car body (W/K)
Total Equipment heat load (W)
Solar Radiation Heat Load (W/m^2)
Thank you for your time and help!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.