March 12, 2018 at 8:18 pmvaibhav jainSubscriberI want to create a rainflow matrix. I has export a dat file of stress values obtained from the results. The stress file contains 50,000 values of stresses at different locations of model. My laptop is not able to generate the rainflow matrix for such large number of stresses. Please help me to generate rainflow matrix by other way or whether can i reduce the values of stresses at different points
March 12, 2018 at 8:25 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
Please zip the dat file and attach to your post above. The file must be < 120 MB to attach. If the file is larger, then reply and I will give alternate instructions.
Is this dat file from a Transient Structural model? Please describe the model in more detail. You could you limit the output of stress to a smaller number of elements around the location where the maximum stress amplitude is occurring.
Use File, Archive to create a .wbpz file of your project and attach that file also. If the .wbpz file is > 120 MB, then Clear Generated Data on the Mesh (or Model) and save the project as a new name and then use File, Archive that will now be smaller.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.