July 22, 2020 at 6:57 pmname11Subscriber
I am doing a biaxial testing(a plus sign Model) and I want to apply the load in my model on a set of nodes in form of displacements that gradually increase with each load step, like a ramp. I want to keep u=1mm/s in x direction and v = 2mm/s in y-direction.
It would be really helpful. I tried with loadsteps but there is always some problem.
Thanks and regards.
August 19, 2020 at 10:13 pmSaiDAnsys EmployeeHi,nCould you elaborate on what sort of problems you get when you try to perform your simulation?nI would think defining a Named Selection for the nodes on which you want to apply the displacements and then applying a Displacement boundary condition should work. Also make sure all the rigid body modes are constrained.nnSain
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.