General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Random Vibration data entry

• TJ Rose
      Subscriber

I am trying to take the data output from a random vibration analysis run on a simplified global model at a designated point and apply that output to a more refined local structure model. My issue is that I have 1500+ data points and I believe there is a way to import that data to the "refined model" without manually typing them into the "Tabular Data" section of the "PSD G Acceleration" input. I've tried "copy-past" from an excel file, but the table seems to need to have the same number of rows already and you can only add one line at a time (so very tedious).. I see that there is a "Import" option, but I have not used that before and I dont understand how to get that to pull the data set... Is there an easy way to pull this data and input it in my model, or do I have to manually type it out?

• Ankush Choudhary
      Subscriber

Yes, you can quickly insert your frequency vs acceleration data into the table.

Please follow the below procedure:

Firstly, insert your data into the excel sheet and copy the frequency vs acceleration data as shown below.

TableDescription automatically generated

The second step is to go inside mechanical and right click on the first cell of the table and then click on paste cell.

Graphical user interface, applicationDescription automatically generated

This way, you will get all your data in mechanical with a single click, as shown below:

Graphical user interfaceDescription automatically generated

• Ankush Choudhary
      Subscriber

If your load data is in .xml format, the import option will work. The file format used to export PSD load data from Mechanical is.xml.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.