August 23, 2023 at 6:23 amMoSubscriber
I'm trying to run an analysis and get the following error:
*** FATAL ***
Random write error on unit= 3 possible full disk.
I/O status error= 28The analysis is done both for Modal and Static Structural and same error appears.Thanks in advance for your help.
August 23, 2023 at 10:27 amAshish KumarForum Moderator
The error seems to be random. Can you try rerunning the model?
There have been several causes identified of the possible disk full message. If any background software marks the file as in use and then the Ansys program tries unsuccessfully to write to the file, then it gives the possible disk full message. Background programs such as virus scanning, backup, and fast indexing all are known causes of the possible disk full message. The fix for these is to disable them either completely or to remove the directory where the Ansys program is running.
August 24, 2023 at 2:11 amMoSubscriber
Unfortunately no luck. I restarted the computer and started a fresh run by another directory than ansys run but got the same error. Also, tried to cut the data by turning off off Strain output under analysis Settings, Output Control and the same error. Any clues?
August 24, 2023 at 3:24 amAshish KumarForum Moderator
Can you try disabling the background programs and see if that helps?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to move duplicated ansys project position in workbench GUI
- unable to open files in ansys
- Download MATLAB toolbox AnsysAAS
- An unknown error with memory occurred during solution.
- Error: Unable to open some designs in this project – Corrupted project files
- Desginpoints in Ansys 18.2 workbench got stuck at the stage of updating model in static structural
- ANSYS Multi field 2-way FSI data coupling issue
- Ansys solving system coupling problems on a remote cluster does not provide constant results.
- Material constant Damping calculation
- How to export high resolution images in APDL
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.