Platform

Topics relate to optiSLang, HPC, DesignXplorer, Cloud and more

Random write error on unit=3 possible full disk. I/O status error= 2

• Mo
      Subscriber

Hi All,

I'm trying to run an analysis and get the following error:

*** FATAL ***
       Random write error on unit=      3 possible full disk.
       I/O status error=     28

My laptop has 30 Gb free space. I tried changing the solver type from "Program Controlled" to Iterative but no success. Also, I changed the location of the temp folder to a hard drive with more than 100 Gb free space and got the same error. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

The analysis is done both for Modal and Static Structural and same error appears.
      Thanks in advance for your help.

• Ashish Kumar
      Forum Moderator

Hi,

The error seems to be random. Can you try rerunning the model? 

There have been several causes identified of the possible disk full message. If any background software marks the file as in use and then the Ansys program tries unsuccessfully to write to the file, then it gives the possible disk full message. Background programs such as virus scanning, backup, and fast indexing all are known causes of the possible disk full message. The fix for these is to disable them either completely or to remove the directory where the Ansys program is running.

Regards,

Ashish Khemka

• Mo
      Subscriber

Hi,

Unfortunately no luck. I restarted the computer and started a fresh run by another directory than ansys run but got the same error. Also, tried to cut the data by turning off off Strain output under analysis Settings, Output Control and the same error. Any clues? 

• Ashish Kumar
      Forum Moderator

Hi,

Can you try disabling the background programs and see if that helps?

Regards,

Ashish Khemka

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.