June 16, 2023 at 11:41 amxiaofei.xiao15Subscriber
I use the same structure and settings (number of k) in the script and the GUI. However, the two results from them are different.
1. I am not sure where the problems should be.
2. where can I set the mesh in the script?
3. How can I check the structure of the script? Can I see the refractive index distribution?
4. how can I check the absorption in each position? Can I use a pre-defined absorption monitor for this purpose?
5. When there is a metal, calculating the field doesn't seem easy. How to solve this problem?
June 16, 2023 at 11:43 amxiaofei.xiao15Subscriber
also , how to only select the polarization in the GUI?
June 16, 2023 at 10:52 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
A1: unfortuately we cannot diagnose the issue with limited information and the forum policy. I would suggest that you use an oline example and compare the results.
A2: the mesh is defined in this
discretization = linspace(-a/2,a/2,51); # z locations where fields will be calculated
A3: once you run the script, the objects are shown with FDTD object where you can see the structures as usual.
A4: If you want to check the absorption inside the structure, please monitor the ix website as such featue is requested previously. If it is published you can vote. Or you can file it again.
A5. You are right that traditionally it is not easy to simulate metals using RCWA. We encourage customers to try the new RCWA and see what difficulties or challenges you face and we'd like to help you. Please write a new post for this.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Questions about the calculation of the cross-polarization conversion efficiency of metasurface
- Error on Lumerical device
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Lumerical – error message when trying to open from Linux terminal
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.