Photonics

Photonics

RCWA Sweep Propagation Script

• Judas.Strayer
      Subscriber

Hello! Has anybody had any experience using the RCWA scripts? I am trying to use the rcwasweeppropagation script, which requires you to return the raw_data field of the result structure from the standard rcwa script. For some reason I cant get the rcwa script to return the raw data even though I turn it on in the options settings.

• Guilin Sun
      Ansys Employee

I modified the options, tested, and did not find the raw_data. It is in investigation and will let you know if there is any progress. 

• jackzhf
        Subscriber

https://optics.ansys.com/hc/en-us/articles/7320004780307-rcwasweeppropagation-Script-Command

The post might refer to raw data in the “rcwasweeppropagation” command.

• Judas.Strayer
          Subscriber

I read this post and it seems like you need raw data to be returned from the original rcwa script so that information about the number of modes, field monitors, etc. can be transferred to the rcwasweeppropagation script.

• Judas.Strayer
        Subscriber

Thanks!

• Guilin Sun
      Ansys Employee

I found that the option should be like this

option={"max_N":10, "fields_monitor_x":discretization, "fields_monitor_y":[0], "fields_monitor_z":[0], "report_raw_data":true};

Please try.

• Judas.Strayer
        Subscriber

Yes I tried this but in the results object there is no field called raw_data. Its not being returned by the script for some reason

• Guilin Sun
      Ansys Employee

You may need to close all the app, and restart FDTD project and RCWA script, as long as you use the newest version. The sweep function is added just recently. I did the test and it works fine.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.