October 9, 2020 at 7:49 pmkenilSubscriber
Here I tried to understand how basis thing work with force reaction probe.
I setup two cantilever beam 10mm*1mm(diameter) with frictional less contact at 9mm and 30N remote forces applied on upper contact beam on very end
1) what are those values of 1.25 on 'contact tool status' part and is there any way to find contact area of pressure point .
2) I get the values of reaction force on target beam as 27N but why the contact beam facing 60N reaction forces very far than values 30N.
3) under the section force reaction - extraction - contact region(contact element) is showing error when we start that function.
4) while with the reduced mesh size about 0.1mm showing different result like all reaction forces value decreases.
please suggest me what should I do here in this setup so everyone can trust this out put data.
my main objective is to find contact forces in all three direction.October 10, 2020 at 1:11 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriberArray Read this blog post.nArrayContact Miscellaneous. Turn On if Contact Based Force Reactions are desired. nThe useful part of the Contact Status is that the contacts are Sticking.nPlot the result data vs. Element Size. You should see the values converging on the true solution. A coarse mesh is an approximate solution.nViewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Colors and Mesh Display
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
Top Rated Tags
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.