October 20, 2023 at 10:06 pmLuiza OlteanSubscriber
I'm working in workbench mechanical (2022r2) in a coupled field module. I want to insert apdl commands in the tree to read a table and interpolate to get some results.
I have a file (txt with values separated by comma)with element ids and for each element i have temperature and two parameters defined. Separately i have a 3D table with a result(val) based on temperature and the two parameters. !
So in the table the value is defined as val1(param1,param2,temp).
How can i read my file and interpolate on the table with apdl commands inserted in the tree? I am new to apdl.
Is there a way to do this with mechanical scripting?
*DIM,mytable,TABLE,numlines,4 ! table array to hold data
this is what i used. i know it's not defined properly but i can't figure out how to define it.
Any help is much appreciated!
October 23, 2023 at 5:43 pmAshish KhemkaForum Moderator
Please see if the following links help:
Also, search internet for topics titled:
The *TREAD Command and Comma-Separated Values (CSV)
Using External Data in ANSYS Mechanical to Tabular Loads with Multiple Variables
Please see if these help.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Defining rigid body and contact
- Colors and Mesh Display
- A solver pivot warning or error has been detected
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.