December 2, 2019 at 3:30 pmBiomedModellerSubscriber
We are trying to import an ABAQUS file into ANSYS workbench followingly:
1. We have a tetrahedral mesh in Abaqus with elemental material assignment, i.e. 4 materials distributed around in the solid, and there are clusters of elements with different material properties.
2. Importing the .inp file into the "FE Modeller" module in workbench, the mesh, and the material assignments are correctly recognized.
3. Connecting the 'model' component in the FE Modeller to the 'model' component in the "Transient Structural" module, we recognize that the elemental material assignments are all lost.
The ultimate goal is to run FSI in Ansys, where the mesh and material assignment are directly read from the Abaqus file.
I would appreciate any input in this matter, and could provide files if required.
Thank you so much!
December 12, 2019 at 9:24 amRohith PatchigollaAnsys Employee
FE Modeler is not supported anymore.
Recommended option is to use "External Model" (under Components in WB project page) for importing FE data.
Saying this, is your FE Modeler is also connected to "Engineering Data" cell of "Transient Structural"? If not, please re-try with this step.
December 18, 2019 at 3:01 pmBiomedModellerSubscriber
Thanks a lot!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- User manual
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- material damping and modal analysis
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.