March 17, 2022 at 9:19 amniranjanmk16Subscriber
Dear Ansys community,
In my current project, I am performing simulations on induction heating. The electromagnetic simulations are run in ANSYS Maxwell and the results are integrated with transient thermal in Ansys Workbench to determine the temperatures.
In transient Maxwell, I was able to realize translational and rotational movement. When I couple it with transient thermal in Workbench I am unable to apply the loads transiently and also unable to give the same movement as achieved in Maxwell.
Reading through forums and discussing with my colleagues, couple-field transient in workbench was suggested for performing these simulations.
My Questions are,
- Should I stick with transient thermal and write APDL commands to
a) change the type of element,
b) import the loss from maxwell transiently
c) realize the movement of the inductor and workpiece?
2. Should I choose coupled field transient for this application. If yes then How can I import the losses from Maxwell as I don't find any option for that?
I am unsure how to implement the coupling with coupled field transient and also programming in MAPDL in combination with the transient thermal with these elements.August 3, 2022 at 10:15 amNavya CAnsys Employee
You can refer to the below link for information related to your simulation
If you are a student or if you cannot access the above help link.
Please refer to the below forum discussion for help on how to access the Ansys help.
NavyaViewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- Signing up as ANSYS Support Coordinator
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Running ANSYS HFSS on multiple nodes on SLURM based cluster
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- Number of parallel paths in Ansys Maxwell
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.