May 11, 2021 at 12:00 pmsara_hamouniSubscriber
I am trying to reduce a modal base of 1200 modes using the participation factor but I don't know how to choose the significant value. Is there a method to determine this value on ANSYS APDL?
antype, MODAL, RESTART
mxpand,,,, yes,1e-5,, EFFM ! Mode selection is based on the participation factor,
modseloption, yes,no,yes, no,no,no ! Only direction X and Z is selected,
Here I put 1e-5 as an example
thanks in advanceMay 20, 2021 at 4:36 am1shanAnsys EmployeeIf the ModSelMethod =EFFM, the significance level of a mode is defined as the modal effective mass, divided by the total mass. Any mode whose significance level is less than this value is considered insignificant and is not expanded. The higher thesignificancethreshold, the fewer the number of modes expanded.The significance value defaults to 0.001 (which should work in most cases) , except for the case of DDAM mode selection method where it defaults to 0.01. Do check out this useful link" target="blank"> which gives some insight on how to choose the number of modes using participation factor and effective mass.
Viewing 1 reply thread
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Colors and Mesh Display
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.