February 3, 2023 at 9:34 amChristopher BorgmeierSubscriber
My goal is to simulate a grating coupler with special interest for the Transimission S21 S-Parameter when coupling from a Single Mode Fiber to the grating coupler like the example given "Grating Coupler". Currently the memory requirements are close to 600 Gigabyte, where 91.2% is needed by my Mode Source (Port, 800-900nm). How can I reduce this by a factor of 2 or more, resulting in a faster simulation time? I am using Ports, the standard mesh sizing, standard Materials.
Thank you in advance.
February 3, 2023 at 6:49 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
Do you mean it is due to port? please first dirable the port, and add a source with the same bandwidh, and check the memory requirement. If it is realy due to the port, since it has 3 objects: mode source, frequency domain monitor and expansion monitor, so you can first check how many frequency points for each of them:
for mode source, use 10 or fewer points;
for frequency domain monitor, use 20 points, as the bandwith is small;
mode expansion monitor can use 10 or 20 points.
What mesh accuracy you used? please first use mesh accuracy 2.
In addition, please refer to the online example and compare the settings.
If the grating is not curved, you can use symmetry-type BC. This is the plane out of the screen for your image.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Ansys Insight: Why my simulation result is different from published paper or experiment?
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.