Fluids

Fluids

Reducing the mesh size does not work

• Lorenz
      Subscriber
      HinnI have the Problem, that my Modell in Ansys Workbench Fluent 2020 R1 ist running with a mesh size of 0.75 m. A reduction of the mesh size to 0.5 m does not work, it does not matter if the calculation is done with or without an inflation layer. The mesh is a tetrahedron mesh.The Modell is a very big river model, so a mesh of 0.5/0.2 m is accurate enough. Thanks for helpn
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      It doesn't mesh or doesn't solve? What error are you seeing?n
    • Lorenz
      Subscriber
      it doesn't mesh.nnone mistake is:na software execution error occured inside the mesher. the process suffered an unhandled exception or ran out of usable memorynnand on an other workbench with the same geometry the mistakes are:n A mehs could not be generated using the current meshing Options ans Settingsnn
    • Lorenz
      Subscriber
      When i mesh the to bodies alone both Body mehs alone but not when I want to mesh them together. If I mehs one Body before the other Body doesn't mesh afterwards. A Little bit confuse.nn
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      If you mesh one body first how many cells do you get? Also if you check the minimum sizing is it sensible or could a narrow gap or sharp corner force a very large number of cells to be generated?n
    • Lorenz
      Subscriber
      When I mesh 1 body with 0.75 m and Inflation and the other Body with 0.5 m and inflation I have 8992760 Elements and 2431153 nodes. Normally the Body with 0.75m should be finer then the Body with 0.5 m mesh.n
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.