March 27, 2022 at 6:36 pmbahar91Subscriber
What is reference erosion rate ( oka model) formula in fluent ?
is it equal to 84.714(Hv)^-0.79 * [(V_p/V')^k_2]*[(D_p/D')^k_3] ?
I have all the parameters except V-p (impact vlocity) and I don't know how to find it, to put it in the formula.
I am very confused.March 29, 2022 at 1:12 pmKarthik RAdministratorHello:
Reference Erosion Rate is the rate at 90┬║ impact angle. You may wish to look at the paper referenced here.
12.10.2. Oka Erosion Model (ansys.com)
March 29, 2022 at 2:15 pmRobAnsys EmployeeThe impact velocity is calculated by Fluent - it's how fast the particle is going when it hits the surface!
Viewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Heat transfer coefficient
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Floating point exception
- How to model free convection warming of liquid in a plastic bag
Top Rated Tags