July 2, 2020 at 6:28 amanggelialevinoSubscriber
I have a question related to depth value in reference values. So, i am working on 2d model and when i go to the reference values it shows the depth is 1 m and it affects to the total area of my surface. it generates different result which the geometry itself has the surface area = 0.5 m2 while when the depth is set as 1 m, the total area becomes 100 m2. Can anyone explain this? and what value for depth need to be set so it will produce the correct result?
July 2, 2020 at 1:27 pmRobAnsys Employee
I tend to leave it as 1m. Can you put the length units back to metres and see if that resolves the issue. Also, the interior-surface is the facets within the volume, it's not the area of the 2d region.
July 2, 2020 at 1:44 pmRobAnsys Employee
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.