November 28, 2022 at 2:10 pmsergio.blancoSubscriber
I'm sorry if this is a very basic question. I'm trying to perform the uniaxial non-homogeneous traction test with the microplane damage model. I need the mesh to be refined in the central section of the mesh, but only there. I can refine at the tip of the notch using the "refinement" command in the small sections of the notch but what I need is to refine in the whole central section of the piece (in this way only the volume near the notch is refined). I've tried too to split the domain in three parts in spaceclaim, but it's converted to three different bodies with no connection between them.
What's is the correct approach to refine a region of a body (in this case the central section) that is not attached to a surface where you can impose the refinement command. How can I subdivide a body in sections without split it only for the meshing purpose? I attach a screen capture of my domain.
Thank you very much in advance,
November 28, 2022 at 10:44 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
In SpaceClaim, after you use Split Body to divide this one body into 3 bodies, you go to the Workbench tab and click the Share button. Then in Meshing, the mesh will be connected, but you can assign a Mesh Sizing to the center body to use smaller elements.
November 29, 2022 at 10:20 amsergio.blancoSubscriber
Thank you very much for your answer. It worked perfectly as you said. Thanks again!!!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.