Optical

Optical

Issue with reflectance spectra

• Ashraful Mamun
      Subscriber

Any reason why reflectance spectra of CdTe obtained from simulation has higher flutuations (left) than the experimentally obtained data (right)? Can I minimize them in simulation?

• Guilin Sun
      Ansys Employee

Is there any nano structure other than the thickness? if not, please use stackrt to get analytical result:

stackrt - Script command

Your result may indicate the material data you used is quite different from experiment, in particular the loss.

It may also indicate that the mesh accuracy is not high enough. When you use higher mesh accuracy, please use more PML layers to make sure the total PML thickness does not change much, as the PML performance depends also on the thickness.

• Ashraful Mamun
        Subscriber

Thank you for your response.

I should have mentioned, this is just a CdTe layer. There are no other nano structures. I am gonna check with the stackrt script first.

• Ashraful Mamun
        Subscriber

Stackrt showing similar results. And reducing the mesh step and adding PML layers did not change anything. Probably, this does have to do with the n, k values.

Thanks very much for you help.

• Guilin Sun
      Ansys Employee

You are right, the mateiral is important. Please refer this post  

Ansys Insight: Why my simulation result is different from published paper or experiment?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.