June 6, 2023 at 4:37 amteddie smithSubscriber
As far as I know, there is a parameter called 'reflection index' that relates to the reflection and transmission of a material surface. I wonder what this value is set to in FDTD.
June 8, 2023 at 5:30 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
Do you mean how to set the material property the refractive index in FDTD?
If so, there are mainly two methods to assign the refractive index:
1: if it is a fixed value, or diagonal anisotropic, you can directly assign it:
2: use the material database. For example, Silicon:
Please refer to
If you want to calculate the refractive index from reflectance and transmitance you can by whatever the software/script you have at hand. Lumerical software only needs the refractive index or permittivity for simulation. You can import it https://optics.ansys.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034915093-Creating-new-sampled-data-materials-in-FDTD
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Questions about the calculation of the cross-polarization conversion efficiency of metasurface
- Error on Lumerical device
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Lumerical – error message when trying to open from Linux terminal
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.