June 13, 2023 at 3:09 amAnindya BoseSubscriber
I have designed a waveguide coupled with memory materials and the entire system is designed in FDTD. The refractive index of memory material can be tuned with the help of either temperature or voltage. But unfortunately, in FDTD there is no provision to apply any Electrical signal or thermal signal to the target material and I just would like to see the materials refractive index as a function of applied temperature or applied voltage or both. Is there any way to carry out the particular thing in the FEEM solver? Can I have the desired property plot by using a charge solver and heat solver (refractive index as a function of Temperature as well as Voltage)? I will look forward to your suggestion in this matter. It will be really helpful if someone tells the execution process of such properties in the FEEM solver.
Thanks and regards,
June 13, 2023 at 2:42 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
FDTD and FEEM as well as other MODE solvers are for optics. HEAT simulation can give you temerature vs voltage. Then you export the temerature, and use it as an attribute with material thermal-optic ciefficient, you will be able wo sweep it. Please refer to this example:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Questions about the calculation of the cross-polarization conversion efficiency of metasurface
- Error on Lumerical device
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Lumerical – error message when trying to open from Linux terminal
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.