Preprocessing

Preprocessing

Refresh Required in Watertight Geometry Meshing Workflow

• simone01
      Subscriber

Hello,

I'm using the 2019 R1 version of fluent, and I'm using fluent with meshing and watertight workflow to make the mesh.

If I use Poly-Hexcore elements I cannot export the mesh because export -->mesh remains in gray, and once the mesh volume is generated and as soon as I Switch to Solution, the setup icon ( in the Workbench) changes with the "Refresh Required" icon.

Even when I set the problem on fluent and I finish the simulation, the setup icon remains that way.

If I close fluent and then try to reopen the setup on the workbench, I get the message "The upstream mesh of this cell has changed. Do you want to load the new mesh?", if I click no, it continues to remain the "Refresh Required" icon and if I want I can go on like that, if I click yes instead, I no longer have the mesh generated.

When I create the mesh with polyhedra elements for example, I don't have any kind of problem (I can even export it) i switch to solution, set the problem, and I have the green check icon on setup when the simulation starts as usual.

thank you

best regards

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Can you try the same process outside of Workbench? Launch Fluent from the Start menu. 

• simone01
      Subscriber

Thanks for the reply.

I generated the mesh by opening fluent directly as you told me and I was able to export it, so I opened a workbench and imported the mesh and it all worked correctly. Probably there is a more practical way by continuing directly on fluent by doing switch to solution but having never used fluent without the workbench I preferred export it.

Thank you very much.

Best regards

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

You're welcome. I rarely use Workbench and tend to go SpaceClaim > Fluent Meshing > Fluent directly. 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.