Optical

Optical

Regarding absorption calculation

• sreejyothi11
      Subscriber

Hi,

I am trying yo obtain the absorption of monolayer mos2 placed over an SiO2(90 nm) layer followed by Si substrate. The material fit of monolayer mos2 is found to have a good fit (PFB). The mesh size used in MoS2 is 5nm*5nm*0.1nm along x, y and z dimensions respectively. But the absorption spectra of mos2 shows a strong difference between the experimental and simulated results. Could you please help me understand the possible reasons for the error?

Thanks

• Guilin Sun
      Ansys Employee

I did not find the method you used to calculate the absorption. It can be one of the following:

1: use A=1-R-T where R and T are the reflection and transmission coefficient

2: using a spatial 3D monitor to calculate the absorbed power density and integrate it, which is used in solar and opto-electric devices.

I would strongly suggest to use the 1st method and do convergence testing. Please check the material fit also. You can get the fit data by getfdtdindex - Script command.

In addition, please use stackrt to verify the result with experiment: stackrt - Script command

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.