Fluids

Fluids

Regarding ANSYS Fluent Mixture model

• sj21
      Subscriber

am a beginner in multiphase flows so please help me. I am trying to simulate a multiphase flow (two phase flow of gas and solid phase) using the Mixture model of ANSYS Fluent. I have a query regarding this.

How to specify the primary phase (gas in this case) as inviscid.

• Karthik R
      Administrator

Hi,

Can you not lower the viscosity of the gas phase to a very small number?

Karthik

• sj21
        Subscriber

In the paper i am following they have taken the gas viscosity around 0.13 kg/(ms), is this low enough? Below i attached the paper for reference.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/274921586_Multiphase_CFD_Simulation_of_Solid_Propellant_Combustion_in_a_Small_Gun_Chamber

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Water is 0.001003 kg/ms so I think you need to re-read the paper.    0.13 kg/ms is not going to flow easily! 

• sj21
        Subscriber

As per the temperature dependent relation given in the paper, i am getting the value for viscosity around 0.0007 to 0.001 kg/(ms)

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Which isn't the 0.13 kg/ms you added earlier? If the paper is giving that range, there is a gas viscosity, and I'd use that. 

• Karthik R
      Administrator

0.0007 to 0.001 is not an inviscid flow. I agree with Rob. I'd use that value of viscosity.

• Karthik R
      Administrator

0.0007 to 0.001 is not an inviscid flow. I agree with Rob. I'd use that value of viscosity.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.