Fluids

Fluids

Regarding flow simulation

• raman24
      Subscriber

Hello guys,

I have made an assembly model which has 3 part files which has 1) block 2) base 3) tube, so basically the tube structure with silicon material is placed between block and base and block with steel material is a falling part on the tube and tube gets bend at certain region. the tube is firstly with 1 atm pressure and then i would like to check the pressure in the end of tube when falling block is falling on tube with 10 km/h speed

Dimensions of the parts 

Tube:- 
      Inner diameter :- 6 mm
      outer diameter :- 8 mm
      length of pipe :- 1m

block :-
      length:- 50 mm
      breath:- 40 mm
      height:- 20 mm

base :-
      length:- 500 mm 
      breath:- 200 mm
      height:- 50 mm

please help me how to solve this kind of problem i would be waiting for your kind and quick response 

best regards,
      Ramandeepsingh
      Panessar.

• Karthik R
      Administrator

Hello,

If I understand your problem right, you want to study the impact of a steel block hitting a tube on the internal pressure of the tube (if the tube is closed). If the tube is open, you want to estimate the pressure difference is created in the tube because of the impact. Please let me know if my understanding is correct.  

Assuming I understand your problem:

If you are looking to model entire process, you have to model the impact of the solid block on the tube in ANSYS Mechanical and estimate the stresses on the tube. You can use these stresses and model the flow in your tube in Fluent. These type of simulations are typically referred to as Fluid - Structure Interaction (FSI, in short). Here are a couple of videos which will help you understand the workflow. This is a 2 part video tutorial.

Please watch these video to understand the workflow and these should help you get started. If you have more specific questions about your problem, please let us know.

Please feel free to correct me here if I misunderstood your problem.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Karthik

• raman24
      Subscriber

Hello,

thank you kartik for your help. As you said to do mechanical simulation first. i did that but i don't know how to transfer the mesh deformation in fluent with respect to time please help me in that. 

if it is possible then can i have your email id to contact you in better way 

my email address is 

ramandeeppanessar@gmail.com

best regards 

Ramandeepsingh 
      Panessar

• Karthik R
      Administrator

Hello,

Thank you for your update. Please watch the two videos I shared in my earlier post to check if you are able to get some idea on how to transfer information between mechanical and fluent. I'd strongly recommend trying out the example highlighted in the video tutorial. You might want to replicate the instructions provided in the video to understand the workflow between mechanical and fluent. 

Unfortunately, as an ANSYS employee I will not be able to share my email ID here. Having said that, please free free to ask your specific questions here on the community and we will do our best to help you with them.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Karthik

• raman24
      Subscriber

Hello,

thank you for your reply 

now i did according to your suggestion and again am facing problem in doing 2 simulation at the same time 

so in that tube i have assembled 2 conducting copper wires and wires are having 5 V of voltage and 0.3mA one wire is having positive connection and another is grounded 

and i would like to have simulation that when tube is been pressed  or deformed this two wires are been connected and electric flow is from positive to grounded wire after that i would like to get the final resistance. so in conclusion if the contact is more then the resistance will be high.

i hope you understood the problem 

waiting for your kind reply 

thanking you in advance 

best regards 
      Ramandeepsingh Panessar

• Karthik R
      Administrator

Hi,

Could you please share details on the exact error message you are getting when running your simulations?

Also, do you intend to model flow of current in your problem? 

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Karthik

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.