Fluids

Fluids

Regarding pressure velocity coupling for transient flow boiling simulations using Eulerian Eulerian

• sachintom1992
      Subscriber
      For transient flow boiling simulations (time step size ~ O(10^-4 s) using the Eulerian model which is the better choice for pressure velocity coupling? nIs the Phase coupled SIMPLE algorithm or Coupled algorithm?Regards,nJosephn
    • RK
      Ansys Employee
      Hello, nI would suggest the coupled solver. n
    • sachintom1992
      Subscriber
      Sir,n Any specific reason?n I have seen in forums for transient case simulations with small-time step size phase coupled SIMPLE is preferred whereas for steady state case and transient cases with large time step size only coupled solver is preferrable. Is it right?.Regards,nJosephn
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      All solvers should result, when converged, in the same results. That is the ideal! However each schemes might be prone to some issues.nFor long transients I usually prefer using SIMPLEC or PISO because they are cheaper than Coupled but the Coupled solver is usually the way to go: that is the solver which I apply with closed eyes. n
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      For multiphase the coupling is bit tough: for that reason I usually rely on Phase Coupled Simple in Fluent. In CFX I rely more on Fully Coupled: this is based on my experience with the solvers.n
    • sachintom1992
      Subscriber
      Sir,n Thanks for your reply.nCan you please clarify this?nI want to write a UDF for the interphase drag coefficient for the bubbly flow regime in ANSYS Fluent 2021 R1.n what is the actual term that has to go into the Fluent code for drag coefficient?nIs It Ai*Cd?nWhere Ai: Interfacial Area and Cd: Drag coefficientnRegards,nJosephn
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      It is Kpq.n
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.