March 7, 2022 at 6:33 amRohanJunejaSubscriber
March 7, 2022 at 4:08 pmMarch 9, 2022 at 5:23 amRohanJunejaSubscriber
- In case when we use surface coatings skin on ansys mechanical, do we need to consider adhesion between the surface coating and the other body(i.e. glass in my case)? If yes, what adhesion type do we need to use?
- Which meshing type should be used for a surface coating? The coating is going to be very thin and the objective for me is to calculate the stresses in the coating under various conditions. What is the best approach for stress analysis and life estimation of a surface coating in case of single and multi layer coatings and in case a standard approach exists, what is it?
Thanks for sharing the link but that video only covers post processing in a model. My question is regarding modelling real coatings with a certain thickness (in the order of nanometers).
Regards Rohan Juneja
Viewing 2 reply threads
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.