October 3, 2018 at 10:06 amB SINDHUSubscriber
While converting the ansys file to .dxf file some of the slots are not getting converted and i'm getting an error. Can anyone suggest some solution to this problem. Here i have used offline software for converting, if you get to know any online dxf file conversion websites please do reply.
October 3, 2018 at 11:15 amKeyur KanadeAnsys Employee
What is ANSYS file? Is it SpaceClaim file? You can export .dxf file from SpaceClaim using File - Save As.
October 7, 2018 at 4:25 amFab237Subscriber
I've tried to import a dxf file geometry but it failed, that issue might have the same source!
October 8, 2018 at 6:13 amKeyur KanadeAnsys Employee
Can you please give more details.
From where you have exported .dxf file? Is it ANSYS or SpaceClaim? It is still unclear to me. I am not expert in ANSYS as I am from Fluids background. If you can give more details what exactly you are trying to do, I can help further.
October 9, 2018 at 8:23 amRobAnsys Employee
.dxf import tends to be a bit hit and miss as it's an older format and seems to vary between codes. Depending on the CAD tool, can you export STEP or ACIS? Those are generally more reliable.
You also need to be a bit more specific on which ANSYS product you're using, eg SpaceClaim, DesignModeler, Fluent Meshing etc.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Limitations to Student License?
- Missing Analysis Systems from toolbox
- Not seeing any items in the ANSYS Workbench toolbox?
- ANSYS License Manager Error
- “An error occurred while starting the solver module.” – Maybe licence problem?
- FLUENT application Failed to start
- Please recommend the configuration of the computer workstation
- No license available at this time
- I am using MacBook Pro with M1chip, how can I install or any other ways to use Ansys ?
- Problem with ANSYS 18.2 SpaceClaim
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.