Ansys Free Student Software

Ansys Free Student Software

Regarding the conversion of .dxf file

• B SINDHU
      Subscriber

While converting the ansys file to .dxf file some of the slots are not getting converted and i'm getting an error. Can anyone suggest some solution to this problem. Here i have used offline software for converting, if you get to know any online dxf file conversion websites please do reply.

Thank You.

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Hi, 

What is ANSYS file? Is it SpaceClaim file? You can export .dxf file from SpaceClaim using File - Save As. 

Regards,

Keyur

• Fab237
      Subscriber

I've tried to import a dxf file geometry but it failed, that issue might have the same source!

thanks

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Can you please give more details.

From where you have exported .dxf file? Is it ANSYS or SpaceClaim? It is still unclear to me. I am not expert in ANSYS as I am from Fluids background. If you can give more details what exactly you are trying to do, I can help further. 

Regards,
      Keyur

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

.dxf import tends to be a bit hit and miss as it's an older format and seems to vary between codes. Depending on the CAD tool, can you export STEP or ACIS? Those are generally more reliable.

You also need to be a bit more specific on which ANSYS product you're using, eg SpaceClaim, DesignModeler, Fluent Meshing etc.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.