September 20, 2023 at 10:14 amHandon UmSubscriber
When there exists distance between pyramid structure and RCWA boundary, the result shows reasonable reflectance.
But, when the RCWA boundary get closes to the pyramid structure and there is no distance between them, the result shows larger than 1.
I set the same number of relative inferfaces for each cases and the only difference between them is x,y span of RCWA.
So I think accuracy is not a problem.
How can I resolve the issue?
September 20, 2023 at 10:35 pmAmrita PatiAnsys Employee
I would not expect both the structures to have the same response as the unit cell geometry is different in each case (for ex. the periodicity of the two geometries is different). But the second graph is clearly not accurate. It is possible that the structure needs more k-vectors to obtain convergence. I would ask you to increase the number of k-vectors (max number of ku and kv vectors in the Solver tab of RCWA) and see if you see any improvements.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Why my simulation result is different from published paper or experiment?
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ganhemt Project mistake can you help me
- How to calculate the cross-polarization efficiency and phase in FDTD
- save data error
- Simulation of a single pillar of a peltier cooler
- EME : field profile and cell periodicity
- Ansys Insight: Single frequency CW source
- What is the meaning of this error ” Bad termination of…” ?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.