August 23, 2019 at 5:31 pmKannan23Subscriber
i am having troubles with non convergence for a model of shear wall (basically a vertical cantilever beam). i have used ansys apdl. solid 65 and link 180 were used for concrete and reinforcement bars respectively. i modelled the whole structure using small volumes extruded from small areas created at the base upto the top(inorder to make nodes of concrete element coincide with reinforcement nodes). volume glue was used to bond all the volumes and combine the coincident nodes. i have applied load by dividing it to number of nodes at the top of the model and supports by restraining all dof of all nodes at the base. After the formation of cracks analysis is stopping due to non convergence. By changing the closed shear transfer coefficient i am able to make few more cracks but it is never reaching the ultimate load or even half of it. i tried applying displacement also. it is also not working. is there anything i am missing? any tutorial available in this type of modelling?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.