General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Reinforced concrete

• ADEEL_khan
      Subscriber

I have created the following model in ANSYS 2020 R2. I want this model to behave as a RCC beam. I want to put properties to concrete and the line bodies. How I will assign properties to solid body(Concrete) and line body (Steel Reinforcement) also how to develop interaction between them. I also want non-linear behaviour

• Erik Kostson
      Ansys Employee
      Once you have defined your materials in engineering data as I mentioned in the other post - then we can choose that material for the concrete part and the rebar/linebodies under Material and Assignment as shown below:nSo for the concrete, one will choose the Menetrey - Willam (MW) model defined in engineering data, and for the rebar as shown above choose your Structural Steel, and of course set the Model Type to reinforcement for the linebodies, as discussed in the other post (as I said we do not need any contact interaction between steel and concrete, setting to reinforcement is all we need to do). nIt is as simple as that, and this is all we need, so define nonlinear material properties, assign them to the parts, and also assign the Reinforcement to the linebodies representing the rebar, just as highlighted in yellow in the image above.nSo very easy and nice workflow making it easy to model concrete with rebars.nnAll the best.nn
    • vaibhavtaranekar
      Subscriber
      Hello everyone,nI have not used ANSYS since past 4-5 months and hence don't know what new updates have come. I am used to working with command snippets in ANSYS workbench using SOLID65,MICROPLANE, etc models with LINK180. However I am seeing some new usage of reinforcements in the ANSYS2020 without commands. Can anyone update and summarize me regarding this? n
    • O_Maxwell
      Subscriber
      Hi everyone,nYes Ansys 2020 R2 has settled the long time chanllenge with simulating RC elements to respond as a unit under loading. I personally tried it upon Arrayprompt to the new development.nHowever, I encountered another challenge with using the reinforcement workflow in Transient structural module which am currently working on. The Error prompt I got suggest the reinforcement work flow only supports Static Structural and Thermal analysis systems.nPls can we try to verify this?.nWorking on a possible leeway out.nThanks.n
    • Erik Kostson
      Ansys Employee
      Great to hear that you are using the 2020 R2 with the inbuilt reinforcement option - according to the help manual there is no restriction and I have tried the reinforcement in a transient structural analysis and that works fine.nnThank younnErikn
    • O_Maxwell
      Subscriber
      Hi, ArraynThanks for your prompt reply. nThis is good news to learn Reinforcement is supported in Transient Structural Analysis. will have to look into it again.nThank you.n
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.