July 4, 2020 at 5:27 amBukky1Subscriber
the reinforcement in my model refuses to solve and I do not know why
I am a beginner on ansys and I do not know if I am doing the right thing
This is a reinforced 3D printed concrete beam I modeled and imported into ansys workbench
the reinforcement bars are embedded between the layers. all bodies are labeled so i assigned the concrete and structural steel materials accordingly
i treated it as a simply supported beam,
only the hex dominant mesh worked for this model and it got solved but the rebars did not deform. I do not know how to use codes or APDL, but i copied the prep 7 code to try to bond the concrete to the steel but the solution output got stuck midway without progress for a long time
this is the material parameters I set for concrete (its a cementitious mortar actully) and I am using the default structural steel for the rebars
please help, it`s an emergency
July 7, 2020 at 4:21 pmWenlongAnsys Employee
There are several posts related to the reinforcement element. Please refer to them:
https://studentcommunity.ansys.com/thread/reinf264-shows-wrong-results/ (This one has a model attached that you can refer to)
July 8, 2020 at 1:25 pm
April 22, 2021 at 6:29 pmsaravananSubscriberMr.Bukky 1 can you please tell the procedure how you change the formulation setting yo beam its very urgent can you please tell as soon as possiblen
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Colors and Mesh Display
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.