General Mechanical

General Mechanical

reinforcement bar not solved

• Bukky1
      Subscriber

Hello,

the reinforcement in my model refuses to solve and I do not know why

I am a beginner on ansys and I do not know if I am doing the right thing

This is a reinforced 3D printed concrete beam I modeled and imported into ansys workbench

3D printed reinforced beam

the reinforcement bars are embedded between the layers. all bodies are labeled so i assigned the concrete and structural steel materials accordingly

i treated it as a simply supported beam, 

only the hex dominant mesh worked for this model and it got solved but the rebars did not deform. I do not know how to use codes or APDL, but i copied the prep 7 code to try to bond the concrete to the steel but the solution output got stuck midway without progress for a long time

this is the material parameters I set for concrete (its a cementitious mortar actully) and I am using the default structural steel for the rebars

please help, it`s an emergency

• Wenlong
      Ansys Employee
    • Bukky1
      Subscriber

thank you very much for your response.

I do not know any codes, I am a beginner, however I found a solution thankfully.

I selected the affected contact bodies and changed the formulation setting to `Beam`

This was such a relief!

• saravanan
      Subscriber
      Mr.Bukky 1 can you please tell the procedure how you change the formulation setting yo beam its very urgent can you please tell as soon as possiblen
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.