Fluids

Fluids

Related to selection of a point in FLUENT

• mudrikasinghal
      Subscriber

Hello!

I want to select a point on the wall of my 3D geometry in FLUENT setup. Can someone help me with that.

I have tried it via following methods:

1. Selected a point in CFD post and entered the exact coordinates in FLUENT but it is showing me the message of 'surface creation failed'.
      2. Also, I tried selecting a point while mouse probe button but the point is not getting selected at the wall.

Can someone please guide me in resolving the issue.

Thank you in advance!

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      If you use the mouse probe/pick point using mouse make sure you're only displaying the wall - did you pick a different wall? The creation failed tends to occur when the point misses the domain: with a point on the wall you may be outside the mesh by fractions of a micron.
    • mudrikasinghal
      Subscriber
      Thanks Rob for your reply!
      I was displaying the wall only maybe I missed the selection by fractions of micron.
      But I am a bit skeptical why the method consisting of CFD post didn't work because that included entering the exact coordinates of the point. Do you have any comments on this?

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      CFD Post and Fluent aren't the same tool, and "exactly" in computational terms is a little misleading. To exaggerate the point, z = 1.000000000000001 as a coordinate: but if the real value is 1.0000000000000012 then you've missed the surface facet. They're in the same place, but the reported value isn't the same.
    • mudrikasinghal
      Subscriber
      Thanks for your insight, Rob. I will try to investigate it in the FLUENT itself.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.