March 11, 2022 at 9:46 ammudrikasinghalSubscriber
I want to select a point on the wall of my 3D geometry in FLUENT setup. Can someone help me with that.
I have tried it via following methods:
- Selected a point in CFD post and entered the exact coordinates in FLUENT but it is showing me the message of 'surface creation failed'.
- Also, I tried selecting a point while mouse probe button but the point is not getting selected at the wall.
Can someone please guide me in resolving the issue.
Thank you in advance!March 11, 2022 at 11:02 amRobAnsys EmployeeIf you use the mouse probe/pick point using mouse make sure you're only displaying the wall - did you pick a different wall? The creation failed tends to occur when the point misses the domain: with a point on the wall you may be outside the mesh by fractions of a micron.
March 11, 2022 at 11:07 ammudrikasinghalSubscriberThanks Rob for your reply!
I was displaying the wall only maybe I missed the selection by fractions of micron.
But I am a bit skeptical why the method consisting of CFD post didn't work because that included entering the exact coordinates of the point. Do you have any comments on this?
March 11, 2022 at 11:10 amRobAnsys EmployeeCFD Post and Fluent aren't the same tool, and "exactly" in computational terms is a little misleading. To exaggerate the point, z = 1.000000000000001 as a coordinate: but if the real value is 1.0000000000000012 then you've missed the surface facet. They're in the same place, but the reported value isn't the same.
March 11, 2022 at 11:12 ammudrikasinghalSubscriberThanks for your insight, Rob. I will try to investigate it in the FLUENT itself.
Viewing 4 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.