August 23, 2019 at 7:00 pmcamarajoeSubscriber
Is there any way to change the threshold from 0.9 and above to anything smaller? I am trying to add a new material and have uploaded BH curves from experimental data. Attached is the BH curve data. I am able to validate the material just fine but once I try to analyze I get error 'relative permeability smaller than 0.9 is not allowed.'
August 23, 2019 at 7:00 pm
August 23, 2019 at 7:09 pm
August 23, 2019 at 7:10 pmmchristiAnsys Employee
It is not physically meaningful (or possible) to have an incremental permeability < 1, which is less than free space (except for diamagnetic/paramagnetic materials).
You may want to double check your data points and units.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- Signing up as ANSYS Support Coordinator
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Running ANSYS HFSS on multiple nodes on SLURM based cluster
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- Number of parallel paths in Ansys Maxwell
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.