Fluids

Fluids

Remeshing for two different domain in Dynamic Mesh

• kaboka
      Subscriber
      Hello everyone,

I have two domain as solid plate and room in Fluent and a velocity inlet in the room. I would like to move the velocity inlet and see the temperature differences on the plate. In order to see that I´m using dynamic mesh with a UDF code. Everything is working very well till this part.

Remeshing and Smoothing modes are turned on and I set the velocity inlet as a rigid body and others as deforming bodies. Furthermore I have 6 prism layers between the solidplate and the room. However, when I preview the mesh motion prisim layers do not deform and they just stretch, thus after a time step it gives error. I played with the values in remeshing and deforming sections but could not find the right way to solve the problem. Could anyone have any idea how could I solve this problem? Thanks in advance.

Best regards

• Karthik R
      Administrator

Hello,

Could you please share a few screenshots of your geometry so we can understand better? At what point does your simulation crash? Does this happen when the solid plate is in very close proximity to the walls of your room?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Karthik

• kaboka
      Subscriber

There is a junction between the solid plate and my room: So for the simplicity I consider it as a one phase flow room as liquid water and solid plate as an aluminium. This is my geometry: 

Best regards 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.