April 5, 2023 at 6:08 pmAlbertoSubscriber
Can someone explains the difference between the method-based remeshing algorithm and the unified one ? I can't find anything also in the Fluent's documentation. My problem involves both rotational and translational motion of 3D object with non symmetric shape and i'm facing several problem such negative volumes or crash of the simulation, so i would optimize all features.
Thanks in advance
April 6, 2023 at 2:35 pmFederico Alzamora PrevitaliSubscriber
You can find some information in the user Guide here: 46.9. Dynamic Mesh Task Page (ansys.com)
Basically, the Unified Remeshing method (default) should work well on triangular/tetrahedral cells, while the Methods-based method should be applied for other cell types.
Negative volume cells can also occur if your time step is too large relative to the moving zones.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.