General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Remote displacement

• bibas
      Subscriber

Based on previous discussions (e.g. this), I implement a displacement on the edge of the beam

and then I shorten the beam length(less elements) to apply a remote displacement:

with details like:

From this I should expect same results right? But they are not the same (displacement as well):

Did I do something wrong?

attached is also the file.

Regards,

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      You need all rotations set to 0 as well as all displacements on the Remote displacement in order to have a static solution. The advantage of a Remote Displacement over a Fixed Support is you can configure the RD to have a Behavior set to Deformable instead of Rigid. Rigid would give you results similar to a Fixed Support.n
    • bibas
      Subscriber
      thank you so much, that worked. nAnother question, when i try to to see where the maximum stress specifically occurs, the label/tag does not appear in the part, how can i solve this?n
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      Try setting the Result display scale to 0 instead of Auto Scale so the deformation is not rendered.n
    • bibas
      Subscriber
      I set the scale to 0 and it still does not appearn
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      Do you know how to turn the label off and on? You click on the Maximum button in the menu. Do you have the Maximum button depressed?n
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber
    • bibas
      Subscriber
      Yes, thank you.n In the remote displacement i set all the things to 0 as you said but the max continues to appear to be on the corner as shown but it is supposed to be in the area inside the red circle any idea why?nn
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.