November 2, 2020 at 5:28 pmbibasSubscriber
Based on previous discussions (e.g. this), I implement a displacement on the edge of the beam
and then I shorten the beam length(less elements) to apply a remote displacement:
with details like:
From this I should expect same results right? But they are not the same (displacement as well):
Did I do something wrong?
attached is also the file.
November 2, 2020 at 8:55 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriberYou need all rotations set to 0 as well as all displacements on the Remote displacement in order to have a static solution. The advantage of a Remote Displacement over a Fixed Support is you can configure the RD to have a Behavior set to Deformable instead of Rigid. Rigid would give you results similar to a Fixed Support.n
November 3, 2020 at 12:58 pmbibasSubscriberthank you so much, that worked. nAnother question, when i try to to see where the maximum stress specifically occurs, the label/tag does not appear in the part, how can i solve this?n
November 3, 2020 at 1:41 pm
November 3, 2020 at 5:17 pmbibasSubscriberI set the scale to 0 and it still does not appearn
November 3, 2020 at 6:43 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriberDo you know how to turn the label off and on? You click on the Maximum button in the menu. Do you have the Maximum button depressed?n
November 3, 2020 at 9:08 pm
November 4, 2020 at 3:36 pm
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.