June 13, 2023 at 4:43 pmberryverySubscriber
Ansys Mechanical is installed on Red Hat 8.9. I am able to SSH using a Windows terminal with Xming. No issues. However, when accesing with a Mac and XQuartz installed, I am able to launch Workbench and launch a project but when I click on Mechanical, it times out. It will say starting Mechanical and it is not able to launch. I've made sure to use the -X flag when typing SSH, any other suggestions?
June 28, 2023 at 11:39 amrandykAnsys Employee
Please see ANSYS Platform page at: https://www.ansys.com/it-solutions/platform-support
Xming is not officially tested or supported.
Additionally, all tested remote desktop environments utilize server side rendering.
This requires a capable video card on the remote machine and software configured to utilize the hardware.
You may consider installing VirtualGL and starting ANSYS applications with: vglrun
That is a requirement when using VNC so, it may resolve Xming compatibility issues.
note: this suggestion does not imply Xming support.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- User manual
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Defining rigid body and contact
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.