May 31, 2022 at 7:41 amben_05SubscriberI have the following problem which I would like to solve in a mutli step analysis:
1) Expanding the metal sleeve (steel, elastic/plastic material model, 1/4 model) with a mandrel (carbide, elastic material model).
2) In the expanded state, material is removed so that the sleeve is cylindrical again.
3) Remove mandrel
Point 1 and 2 can be implemented without any problems. Is it possible to implement point 2?
If yes, do you have any ideas?
May 31, 2022 at 3:28 pmAshish KhemkaAnsys Employee
Do you intend to ask if you can implement point number 3? If you do not want the mandrel then you can have the contact between the mandrel and other bodies deactivated (using contact step control) in the third step.
Regards Ashish Khemka
May 31, 2022 at 3:46 pmben_05SubscriberHi akhemka I am sorry. There is an error in my
I cannot implement step 2. Step 1 and Step
3 work without problems. In step 2, I want to remove the material of the sleeve
that is larger than the diameter in step 1. My question is if it is possible to
adjust the geometry in Mechanical, and if so, how?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
- Colors and Mesh Display
- material damping and modal analysis
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.