Discovery Import

Discovery Import

Replace units option

TAGGED: 

• cbur
      Subscriber
      Hello, Can you explain me the impact of the "replace units" option when saving in STEP. One of our customer has a problem when he imports a STEP from SpaceClaim into another software (MiCAT Planner from Mitutoyo): if he saves the STEP without checking the "replace units" option, he can't open the STEP in MiCAT but if he checks "replace units" in millimeter (when the design has already been done in millimeter) it works... Also not all CAD programs have this option, so I would like to have a little more information about this option!   regards
    • Charudatta Bandgar
      Subscriber

Hello charlie

Let me see.

Regards.

• Charudatta Bandgar
      Subscriber

Hello charlie

Override units option is generally used to manually select what unit should be assigned to the model. This is generally used when opening files if the unit differs from the default units, while creating a new design. In the customers case, I am not sure why the file can just not be opened. Just to check, can they open the file saved with both ways (A. override units checked and B. Override units not checked) in SpaceClaim. Do they face same issues? If that has no difference, is it possible for them to check in some other software, if even there they do not see the same issue, it could be possible that while translating the files from step to MiCAT native file, there is some issue, and probably nothing to do with SC. I am still confirming with the team, if they have faced any similar issues earlier. 

Regards.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.