July 8, 2023 at 10:13 ambara . HSubscriber
I am currently trying to simulate a bending test on a round bar of nitrided stainless steel.
So my question is, how can I set the material parameters for the layer offset from the surface with a gradient of Young's modulus and Poisson's ratio?
Typically, nitrided layer will have a maximum Young's modulus and minimum Poisson's ratio at the surface and gradually become the same parameters as the substrate as it approaches the substrate. Also, the layer will uniformly cover the model like a coating.
I would like to know the solution to reproduce such a layer with a gradient in the material parameters.
Hopefully some experts can provide guidance on resolving this issue and helping me out!
Thank you very much!
July 10, 2023 at 12:40 pmAshish KumarForum Moderator
Please see if the following link helps: Hold my Beer: Spatially Varying Materials in Ansys Mechanical Made Easy - PADT (padtinc.com)
July 20, 2023 at 1:34 ambara . HSubscriber
Thank you very much for your help.
I'll do my best to accomplish my task.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- User manual
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Defining rigid body and contact
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.