March 19, 2022 at 7:16 pmafshiin.aSubscriber
I want to get a system with the following specifications.
processor: AMD RYZEN 9 3950x - 16 core, 32 thread, 64MB Cache
RAM : 32 GB DDR4
Question 1: Are these specifications suitable for Lumerical performance?
Question 2: Is AMD processor better for Lumerical simulation or Intel processor?
Question 3: Does having a graphics card affect computing speed and performance? If the answer is positive, Nvidia is better or AMD graphic cardMarch 22, 2022 at 2:17 amLito YapAnsys EmployeeSee this article on how hardware affects Lumerical (FDTD) simulations. The faster the Memory Bandwidth the better. For AMD RYZEN 9 3950, memory bandwidth: [memory speed in MHz]*[# memory channels]*[8 bytes]/1000 = 3200x2x8/1000 = 51.2 GB/s. See this post for details on how to obtain a simulation's optimum resource configuration on a computer.
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.