March 8, 2022 at 1:06 pmredcarrotSubscriber
Hi guys. I have an trouble with my project. I analyze on this domain(pic 1, 2) and i got solution correctly for 19...-14 degree angle of attack, however it starts a residual misbehave(pic 3, 4) at -15 degree. In addition, i use k-w SST model, i am sure with inlet, outlet and wall boundaries, How could i fix it? Thanks...March 9, 2022 at 1:25 pmKarthik RAdministratorHello:
This could be representing a transient behavior in your solution. Perhaps, the wake region is not being captured properly.
One thought I have is that since you are not modeling 0 AoA, you might want to change the orientation of your refined mesh just downstream of the airfoil so it is aligned with the wake region. I would use this refinement (as per the picture) for smaller AoAs.
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.